Business Development Representative – Portland, OR
ThirdSide, Inc. has recently expanded into the Portland, OR market and we are looking to increase our client base in the area. We are currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as a freelance biz dev representative. The successful candidate will be an integral part of a small team. This is a freelance position that may be expanded into a full-time position for the right person.
Reporting directly to ThirdSide’s Creative Director, this individual will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain a consistent professional and positive demeanor.
- Identify potential ThirdSide clients and refer them to our sales team for followup and closing.
- Correspond directly with potential clients via email, instant messaging, telephone, or other means.
- Attend and actively participate in client and stakeholder meetings as needed.
- Schedule introductions, appointments, and meetings.
- Collaborate with other team members, clients, and stakeholders.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual selected for this position. The selected applicant will be expected to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Local to Portland, OR area
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High school diploma
- Minimum three years of experience in B2B sales, biz dev, or marketing
- Minimum three years of customer/guest service experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team, but with minimal supervision
- Must be able to legally work in the US
- Associate’s degree in a business related field
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite—especially InDesign
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable with Mac and Windows OS
Compensation and work environment
Pay is commission-based and will depend on identifying successful referrals. Your schedule is yours, but we do ask that you be generally available during traditional business hours. Professional office space is available if needed, but you can work from any location you prefer. After a successful initial 90-day period, this may convert into regular full-time salary +bonus employment.
You will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement and conflict of interest waiver.
How to apply
Click here to fill out our very short application and submit your résumé with optional cover letter. Résumés will be accepted until the position is filled.